Opening the Red Door to Marie Claire’s Future Shapers
This October, Red Door Gin joined Marie Claire magazine on the red carpet!
A stunning central London venue? Exclusive celebrity guestlist? Eleven brilliant women awarded for their outstanding achievements? It can only be Future Shapers Awards!
On Tuesday 9th October we joined Marie Claire magazine at their annual flagship event, The Future Shapers Awards sponsored by Neutrogena. Together we celebrated eleven courageous women who are pushing boundaries, rewriting the rules and – you guessed it! – shaping the future of their respective industries.
The Drinks Reception
We started the evening in the dazzling Palm Court of the Principal Hotel in Russel Square where guests gathered around the impressive marble bar to sample a few of our Red Door Gin signature serves before the awards began.
The first of our cocktails showcased on the night was our classic Red Door Gin & Tonic, garnished with the freshest of raspberries and served with the sweetest of smiles. The second, our newest cocktail creation, the Red Door Elderflower Collins, made its debut on the night and went down a treat… stay tuned for the recipe’s big reveal!
Red Door drinks in hand, we assembled into the Ballroom for the award ceremony. Announced by Marie Claire Editor in Chief, Trish Halpin, and celebrity guest presenters, the winners took to the stage to accept their Future Shapers awards. From environmental degradation, to human trafficking, to equal pay, the influential winners gave moving speeches raising a range of global humanitarian issues; it was a truly inspiring and brilliant evening.
This year’s wonderful winners:
- Daisy Kendrick- CEO and founder of Ocean Generation.
- Christie Watson- registered nurse for 20 years and author of ‘The Language of Kindness’.
- Jodie Comer- BAFTA winning actress most recently starring in BBC drama Killing Eve.
- Yomi Adegoke & Elizabeth Uviebinené- authors of one of 2018’s most celebrated books ‘Slay in Your Lane: The Black Girl Bible’.
- Christina Gavrilovic- human trafficking and modern slavery warrior.
- Anna Whitehouse- founder of parenting platform Mother Pukka and flexible working Flex Appeal campaign.
- Eniola Aluko- professional footballer, pundit and solicitor.
- Sarah Taylor- director of Cyber and National Security Capabilities at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
- Catherine Allen- CEO and founder of Limina Immersive, bringing virtual reality (VR) technology to a wider audience.
- Hannah Weiland- founder of faux-fur brand Shrimps.
The evening ended back in the Palm Court with music, dancing, and of course, a few more Red Door Gin cocktails in celebration of this year’s Future Shapers!
What did the guests think?
“What a brilliant evening! I found the speeches from the Future Shapers very inspiring- the awards definitely went to the right ladies! The Red Door Gin Elderflower Collins was my favourite drink on the night, especially when served with all the tasty canapés!”
Inka Kukkamaki, On The Sauce Again
You can read Marie Claire’s write-up of the evening here.