Red Door drinks in hand, we assembled into the Ballroom for the award ceremony. Announced by Marie Claire Editor in Chief, Trish Halpin, and celebrity guest presenters, the winners took to the stage to accept their Future Shapers awards. From environmental degradation, to human trafficking, to equal pay, the influential winners gave moving speeches raising a range of global humanitarian issues; it was a truly inspiring and brilliant evening.
This year’s wonderful winners:
- Daisy Kendrick- CEO and founder of Ocean Generation.
- Christie Watson- registered nurse for 20 years and author of ‘The Language of Kindness’.
- Jodie Comer- BAFTA winning actress most recently starring in BBC drama Killing Eve.
- Yomi Adegoke & Elizabeth Uviebinené- authors of one of 2018’s most celebrated books ‘Slay in Your Lane: The Black Girl Bible’.
- Christina Gavrilovic- human trafficking and modern slavery warrior.
- Anna Whitehouse- founder of parenting platform Mother Pukka and flexible working Flex Appeal campaign.
- Eniola Aluko- professional footballer, pundit and solicitor.
- Sarah Taylor- director of Cyber and National Security Capabilities at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
- Catherine Allen- CEO and founder of Limina Immersive, bringing virtual reality (VR) technology to a wider audience.
- Hannah Weiland- founder of faux-fur brand Shrimps.
The evening ended back in the Palm Court with music, dancing, and of course, a few more Red Door Gin cocktails in celebration of this year’s Future Shapers!